Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Thing I've Learned #75: Historical Drama is Way Better Than Real Life Drama

Allow me to present two facts today.

Thing Number One: I have spent my entire high school career avoiding drama.

Thing Number Two: Today Sarah and I watched the premiere episode of The Borgias.

These things may seem unrrealated, but I assure you they are not. First of all, let me say that I wholly approve of this show. (So far.) It's rare that actors portray historical figures the way I perceive them in my head, and with the exception of maybe two people, Borgias is spot on. Juan is perhaps the best. Slimy, rotten cockroach. Perfect!

But how does this tie into the lack of drama in my life? As proof that we have no social life, my friends and I gossip about historical persons more than real living people. For instence, Sarah and I spent much of the show muttering about how Lucrezia needed to jump off a cliff and Giulia Farnese is such a whore. Just like "normal" teenagers do when they watch Gossip Girls, or whatever it is high school girls watch these days. Historical drama is really the only drama I can tolerate. Girls that sit around whining about their boyfriends or skip class to go sob in the bathroom, I just want to punch them in the face and be like, WOW, GET A LIFE.

So, at the end of the day, I went home and read Cantarella. Oh, Cesare Borgia <3 Please marry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment