Friday, April 15, 2011

Thing I've Learned #80: When in Doubt, Ask Yourself, "What Would D'Artagnan Do?"

True, he's arrogant, brash, swaggering, and a bit of a brat, but no one compares to D'Artagnan when it comes to literary feats of bravery and loyalty. Except perhaps for his three famous companions.

I've finally gotten around to reading The Three Musketeers. I attempted to start a few years back, but it was FCAT week, and I had a head cold, and just...bleeerrgh. It didn't happen. So, I picked it up again a few weeks ago and started reading it again.

Okay, okay, so that's a bit of a lie. I did have an ulterior motive for choosing now to read it. You see, I just recently read another lovely book named All For One, a spin off musketeer novel by Nicki Bennett and Ariel Tachna, based on the idea that the three musketeers were, well, lovers.

Ah, could you expect anything more from me? :D

So, I finished that and dove straight for the original. And I just finished watching the movie with Sarah not a half an hour ago. And let me tell you, its humor value increases tenfold when you are watching it with a threesome in mind! Heh heh...

Oh, what a horrid child I am! As it is said in The Thirteen Clocks, "We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind my dearest McKenzie that you swore to name your firstborn son D'Artagnan...I intend to hold you to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment