Monday, January 25, 2010

Thing I've Learned #66: Horse Shopping is Not Like Shoe Shopping

So, the news on the horse hunt is as follows: Kate loves Prestley, and while I liked him a lot, it wasn't quite true love. Yesterday, we went to see a chestnut Irish sport horse mare named Kali. And I like her a lot. More than Prestley. She was a little nervous, but it was raining when I was riding her, and I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I must have a weakness for imperfect horses. Anyway, I sense this is going to be a difficult search. Wednesday we might go see Lyrical, we're going to see Kali again, and I don't know who else.

There's one mom and I both like, a bay gelding. He has a silly name, like Ollie or something. Today my father and I decided that if I like him and end up with him, we will rename him Brego.

I swear, if I had a dollar for every time I made a Lord of the Rings reference and no one got it, I would be a rich woman.

But in all honesty, my horse will have to have an awesome name. If it's name is retarded, it shall be renamed. Probably something literary or historical. How about Bucephalus? Haha, I would.

I finally wrote last night! Some random thing about Kit and DeLacey and Kit's 21st birthday. It isn't finished and I have no idea where it's going, but knowing them, probably to the bedroom.

My birthday is tomorrow! Here's hoping for that Nerf gun...

No comments:

Post a Comment