Sunday, December 27, 2009

Thing I've Learned #60: Some Things are Really that Awesome

Last night, I went with EB and Sarah to see Avatar. It. Was. Amazing. I can honestly say I haven't seen a movie that good since Lord of the Rings. EB was so excited she couldn't string a sentence together the entire way home. Admittedly she tends to over exaggerate, but yeah, it was that good. I highly recommend you go see it.

Tuesday we leave for Pennsylvania, where I will spend most of the week hanging out with my best friend! I'm definitely taking her to see Avatar. ;) But until then, it's work work work work work! Damn project, I just wish it was over! I spent most of today working (and avoiding working) and have to spend most of tomorrow working too. Yuck.

One good thing did happen today. I spent...two hours? on Amazon.com picking out books. Ooooh yes, more of those books. My aunt got me a $75 gift card to Amazon for Christmas. And the Lion King on DVD. Guess who's my new favorite aunt? But now I have too many books I want and not enough time--or money-- to do anything about it. M/M, my anti-drug, because I wouldn't have enough money to buy crack even if I wanted it.

The rest of my week in review:
Tuesday: Went Christmas shopping with Dad, one whole day earlier than usual. Rode giant, scary Ned in lesson. Ached all over afterwards.
Wednesday: Hung out with my dad's friend's adorable children, who just so happened to be British! Adorable. Taught them to play Life and Uno.
Thursday: Went on a last minute gift run to the toy store. Had a lesson on the turd pony. I don't have to do trot poles anymore! Wrapped frantically. Played with candles at church at midnight.
Friday: Opened presents, but of course. Got a bunch of cool stuff. Spent the day watching Mulan and Hercules, and playing a really complicated board game.
Saturday: Felt like crap, had to do work. Sucked until I started hanging out with my friends. Went to bookstore, had Chinese food, went to the barn, saw the movie of the century.
Sunday: Also sucked, but this time I didn't get to see my friends. Only high point was Amazon.com.

And there was my week at a glance. The way I figure, it can only get better from here, right? Two more weeks until this project is due, for better or worse. Then midterms two weeks after that, and annotations for The Great Gatsby due a week after that.

Okay, so it's going to be a long time until things get better. But they will, after that month of horror and insanity. Because the day after all that madness ends...is my birthday! So that has to count for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment