Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thing I've Learned #11: I Am Secretly Six Years Old

I love Wednesdays because we get out of school an hour early. I'm not sure why, but we do. And I got out even earlier today because I had a doctor's appointment. Which I did not love, because I got a shot. But I got to read for quite a while because we waited forever.

Then we bought toys. I'm not even kidding. I needed a pair of black hose for homecoming this weekend, so we went to k-mart. I perused the aisle of clearance toys, and a Christmas-shopping-for-younger-cousins-spree ensued. I haven't had that much fun in ages. I am definitely six on the inside. I'm going to try to convince my mom to let me keep the Batcycle. And the playmobile viking fort. Awesome.

Then came Target, where I bought a lot of purple plaid. I got a pair of pajama shorts, which are purple plaid. And then...I found purple plaid duct tape. I tossed a roll in the cart. Mom said, "What are you going to use that for?" I said, "I don't know, but I NEED it."

We spent forever at a really slow restaurant, stopped by Kohls and the Walmart grocery store, then went by Sarah's so my mom could order some of her little sister's cookie dough. I acquired a catalogue full of win while I was there. And I literally mean full of win. It's pretty much a medieval clothing catalogue. I think I died of sheer awesome when I cracked it open!

So, all things considered, today: good. Math test tomorrow: bad. Arm hurting from the shot: bad. Tomorrow being Thursday: really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment