Sunday, September 20, 2009

Thing I've Learned #8: Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Until Tomorrw

I'll be the first to admit it: I'm a procrastinator. I had a good amount of APUSH homework assigned, like, Thursday, and waited to do it all until today.

I am pleased with my decision.

I spent what, two, three hours on homework, and got to do a bunch of awesome procrastinator stuff as well. Like read through a three inch high stack of papers, most of them being rather interesting and generally terrible stories I wrote in...oh, seventh grade or so. I got quite a kick out of them. You see, I have this terrible habit (had, more accurately, I kicked it last November) of starting stories somewhere vaguely in the middle and writing them in bits and pieces, scene by scene. So most of these papers were...pieces of a puzzle, so to speak. And I have no idea anymore of what the entire puzzle was supposed to look like. It's really kind of sad, when you think about it. I had a bunch of really awesome ideas, I'm sure. Anyway, aside from exploring the 3/5 of a dead rain forest, I read a bit, Facebooked, stared at the wall...went and rode my horse... He was really, really good today, in case anyone cares. And when I got home I took a shower and watched Sinbad. I adore that movie. When I was about 11, that, along with Spirit and Ice Age, was my favorite movie in the world. McKenzie and I watched them to death. And as you have probably guessed, I still watch them. Frequently. A week or so ago, I don't remember why, but I got the urge to watch Sinbad. Finally got around to it today. Best movie ever. Seriously. Eris is my hero. I mean, really. I could be the Goddess of Chaos. My room is practically Tartarus already. And you know what, hell with Sinbad. Proteus is such a nice guy. I don't know what Marina was thinking, dumping him. I'd rather have a prince than a thief any day. But you know, that could be my attraction to British accents. Or my prejudice against Brad Pitt. Either way, Proteus is definitely more awesome in my eyes. But you know what my favorite thing about that movie is? The random adult humor that 11 year olds don't get. Every time, and I literally mean every time I watch that movie, I understand or notice a reference I didn't get last time. Animated movies may be childish, but I swear they're made for the grown-ups that have to watch them with their kids a million times.

And you know what? In spite of all that procrastination, I still got my homework done. Take that, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment