Monday, September 21, 2009

Thing I've Learned #9: Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr May or May Not Have Had a "Thing"

Funny story behind that, see. Generally, I love my APUSH class. Not because I love the work or the lessons, oh no, but because that class is my comic relief. Mr. Lange is awesome, for one, and we have a bunch of idiots in our class, two. We were talking about the post-Revolutionary period today; namely Jefferson being elected president, and something concerning Aaron Burr. I don't remember. I was laughing too hard, and the reason is this: Mr. Lange was saying something about how Hamilton was turning somebody against Burr for some reason or another, and he said "Yeah, they had a bit of a thing for several months." To which half the class, myself included, replied, "A thing?" in a suggestive tone of voice. "Not a sexual thing," Mr. Lange assured us, "They just didn't get along." Sure, Mr. Lange, sure. I personally choose to believe OTHERWISE.

Today I heard that indigo has been removed from the light spectrum. First Pluto, my favorite planet, and now indigo, my favorite color! I don't what to believe! Has my whole life been a lie?! NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE! The only bright side to this being when I'm an 80 year old grandma I can say to my little grand kids, "You know children, when I was your age, Pluto was a planet!"

On the unfried side of today, I have made up my mind that my father is definitely the reincarnation of John Adams, and not an alien as I had previously believed. In Chinese today we had to get in groups and record ourselves reading and translating a passage. It was very exciting; we got to use an ancient cassette player. Caelin was in my group, and when we hit record he began to say the lesson number we were working on, and list all of our names. I leaned forward and roared into the cassette player. I win. This evening we had a choir rehearsal thing, and I got to hang out with my buddy, Nairely, who I rarely see during school. After the rehearsal, she ran down one of the aisles in the auditorium, screaming "THIS IS SPARTA!" at the top of her lungs. I was reminded as to why I love her so much.

Is it really still only Monday? I swear it feels like half the week has already gone by, only it hasn't. I hate Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment