Saturday, September 19, 2009

Thing I've Learned #7: September is a Fairly Useless Month

Today was EB's birthday party, despite the fact that her actual birthday was the end of August. Sarah got her a NaNoWriMo noveling kit thingy, which got me thinking about November again. My opinion is this: September should be skipped. We should have gone straight to October after August. Then it would almost be November! I'm dying to write my novel! To put it simply, it's pretty much a bunch of hot guys making out. But that makes it sound shallow and slutty, and it isn't, really! Whatever, I'm itching to get it on paper.

Speaking of EB's party, it was pretty much sheer awesome. We went to Arabian Nights, which if you don't know is a dinner show where you watch a bunch of pretty horses do cool stuff. At one point there was a chariot race, and oh lord, EB and I were pretty much the loudest people on our side of the arena. They split the audience into sides, one for each chariot racer, and the other team's guy was named Brutus. EB and I were practically jumping up and down screaming "CAESAR KILLER! CAESAR KILLER!" at the top of our lungs. And they played music from Ben Hur, which excited me. EB, Emily, Sarah, Liz, and I all squeezed into EB's sister's car for the ride there and back. Everyone else rode with EB's mom. That was easily the most epic car ride of my life. We listened to loud music, and on the way back we played a rather interesting version of I'm Going on a Picnic. You know, the game where you say "I'm going on a picnic and I'm going to bring..." and then you take turns saying things in alphabetical order and you have to repeat everything the last person said. So, for example, "I'm going on a picnic and I'm bringing apples." And the next person would say "I'm going on a picnic and I'm going to bring apples and bananas." And so on and so forth. I mentioned that I had played "I'm going to Middle Earth and I'm going to bring..." with Hannah, where we could only say things out of Lord of the Rings. We decided to play "I'm Going to Hogwarts" on the way home. It. Was. Awesome.

Once we got to EB's house we played a bunch of silly games outside, like Ninja and Bang and Duck, Duck, Goose. Which ending up being more of a Duck, Duck, CAR! because we played in the middle of the road. Mostly because we didn't have anywhere else big enough for all of us to stand in a circle, but I like to think it's because we all like to live life on the edge.

Is September over yet?! WAAAAKE ME UUUUP, WHEN SEPTEMBER EEEEEENNNDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment