Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thing I've Learned #18: Putting On Jeans After a Summer of Shorts is an Adventure

So I put on my nice pair of jeans today to go to a play and I was like "Oof! These shrunk!" Don't you love when that happens? I tend to forget that jeans shrink when you wash them. I tend to forget a lot of things, actually.

The play we went to see was Agamemnon. NERD NERD NERD. It was pretty awesome. I am totally going to have a cat named Agamemnon. He's going to be a cranky gray tabby tom, I just know it. And we shall call him Aggie. Next month we're going to see Medea. The story happens to be a favorite of mine. For those of you that don't know: Jason, as in Jason and the Argonauts, is married to Medea. Medea is a priestess of Hecate. Hecate is the goddess of magic and dark and things that go bump in the night. AKA bad. So Jason, Prince of Arrogance and some city I can't remember, decides to marry some other chick because Medea is psycho. Medea, in anger and jealousy, murders their children.

Isn't that a lovely story? I just love Greek tragedy. It reminds you that someones life sucks worse than yours.

I'm so glad it's finally October. On the way back from the play, Sarah, EB, and I all talked novels. Which got me really excited for November. I've been in love with DeLacey and Kit recently, which are one of the three couples in my novel. Kit is one of the boys at the Blue Phoenix which is, if I haven't mentioned, a brothel. 17, curly black hair, gray eyes, and a sort of acrobat. And DeLacey is a rather mysterious nobleman. 25, auburn hair that leans more towards brown, hazel eyes, and an unintentionally cruel sense of humor. Quite the odd couple. But I love them. I love them all. -mad cackle-

So the countdown begins. 27 days until madness. Madness cannot come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment