Monday, October 26, 2009

Thing I've Learned #33: Good Girls Are Just Bad Girls That Don't Get Caught

I was sick and tired of pink. Can't tell you yet what I think of the new layout. I might change it again tomorrow. But at least it isn't pink.

I discovered a new website, via the NaNoWriMo site, today called textsfromlastnight.com.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.

Now, I was raised to be a good girl, and despite my...guilty pleasures, a good girl I remain. But god, I have never wanted to get drunk as much as I did reading those. Here's a few:

"All I remember from last night is puking up a box of cheeze-its and the building catching on fire."

"You were licking his little sister's water colors and trying to paint with your tongue."

"I'm pretty sure there's seven mailboxes in our bathtub."

I don't know about you, but that sounds like fun to me. ;)

And speaking of guilty pleasure, Sarah and I got a hold of Cosmo yesterday. I hold to the theory that slutty magazines are a girl's RIGHT, be she slut or not. Besides, they're great research for my story. Or that's what I tell myself, at least.

My characters like to play a game called "dress up." This is where they magically pretend to exist in modern day. So, for example, the Phoenix is a night club that doubles as a brothel (think Moulin Rouge) and Aisha wears satin Christian Louboutin pumps. Marce was complaining loudly and obnoxiously today that there's nothing fun to do while drunk in 1400/1850, and so a round of modern dress up began, in which Marce wears leather pants and dances on the bar, and Bailey has to hold his hair back when he pukes his guts out the next morning. Glamorous, no. Story fodder, yes. And the clothes are much more fun. Because there are no motorcycle jackets in historical fiction. Nor are there low rise jeans or the previously mentioned designer shoes. Nor is there shower sex. I don't know how one can write a smutty novel without shower sex! And you know, Bailey looks surprisingly sexy in a sweater. So you know what? Because it would be an utter catastrophe to have to rework everything in my novel to fit modern times, I'll just go back and write parts of it later. Like Marce getting drunk off his ass. Because he's a total slut while drunk. Which can be WAY fun. ;)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a math test tomorrow that happens to be the last grade of the nine weeks. FML.

6 DAYS. LAWD A MERCY!

No comments:

Post a Comment